Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What's goin on...

I really have no excuse for not writing... I'm online all the time really.

Bonnie got me hooked on Pinterest, so I've been obsessed with that for awhile. I've actually made quite a few things from there, like faux roman shades, hair bows, and some really good recipes. It has slightly sparked my creativity. I also discovered a fabric/trim store that makes Joanne's look like the corner gas station. This place seriously has a room the size of my entire living area dedicated to just "trim."

I've also slowly but surely been getting ready for little boy. I have anxiety that I won't love him  as much as Bridgette, but I see how you ladies love all your kids, so I'm fairly confident I'll make room for him. I've bought some material to make baby blankets (hopefully Anne's blanket lessons will come back to me.) I also am going to make some of those onesies that have like a vest/ tie combo sewn onto it. Hopefully it won't look too dorky. We still have no names (or maybe too many ideas.) For some reason I've been thinking I have 18 weeks, and then today I was like, NO! I have 16 weeks left! I already feel 40 weeks pregnant, so I can't imagine how 56 weeks pregnant feels! I should ask an elephant...

I've also decided to try and be a less crappy mom & enrolled Bridgette in a "mommy & me" preschool. It's twice a week, for just an hour. A girl in my ward teaches the class at the rec center, so at least I know someone there. Bridgette's slowly coming out of her shell, she's so freaking shy in public! She's also  so big now! She really enjoys playing dress up with her play jewelry & she likes cooking for me in her kitchen. She's obsessed with this British cartoon called "Peppa Pig" and started saying "mummy" in a British accent. I should just start calling her Madonna.

Dan's also doing pretty good. He joined a racquetball league, so he's getting to know some guys through that. His work's going good, it's a bit slow right now, so we see him a lot more. It's kind of the calm before the summer storm. I'm nervous about having a baby and he'll be working really long days. Oh well, you guys did it & survived, right?

Other than that stuff, not much new is going on. I've been meeting some people in my ward, I've been trying to put myself out there. They're definitely more friendly than my Eagle Mountain ward!
The weather here has been really warm, like 65-70 degrees & sunny. Today I was so hot, I wore shorts. I was not fit to been seen, my pale legs & un-pedicured feet, but it was too hot! I only wish I could go running! I went running about a month ago, and it felt great, but I had to pee after about 10 minutes. (I have stupid Strep B, and it won't go away which is probably the reason for constantly having to pee.)

Well, I'm done with my journal entry for now. This has been a boring post, but oh well. If any of you ever want to visit Dallas, please do! I'll kick Bridgy out of her room & you can have the toddler bed all to yourself!

Love ya! Write more (Bonnie & Anne!)

1 comment:

  1. nellie that's awesome! you will love him just as much... I felt the same way with sydney.... you're a great mom!

    ReplyDelete